Travel Trailer Inspiration


{Source}
Since before we even bought our travel trailer, I've been collecting a list of blogs and tours for inspiration on how to redecorate a camper. Travel trailers present some unique decorating challenges. We can't let it get too heavy, some furniture is where it is for a reason, everything has to be secured for travel, and poking holes in the walls isn't such a good idea, just to name a few.

So today I want to share a few of the travel trailers that I'm looking to for inspiration, ideas, and advice. Many of these are from blogs that have a wealth of information we'll need as we redecorate and hit the road. Be sure to click through to the sources for "before" photos. You really won't believe your eyes when you see some of them.



The photos above and below are from The Anchored Home Blog, and holy wow! This one really blows me away. Especially because the "before" photos look so. much. like. our. camper. These bloggers are going to be a huge gift to us, since they were nice enough to blog about the details of their renovation. In fact, today we went to Home Depot and picked out our laminate "wood" floors based on their recommendation!

{Source)
{Source}
I've also become a big fan of the blog Livin' Lightly. This couple (and their baby) live full time in their Airstream Land Yacht, pictured above. I just want to give them a big hug, because their blog includes advice on decorating hacks, tips for how to back up a travel trailer (one of our biggest fears), and lots of stories about their adventures living in an Airstream.

{Source}
This Airstream was featured on Design Sponge, and while these photos are incredible on their own, you need to see the "before" photos to really appreciate their work. These "before" photos remind me of some of the campers we looked at before we bought ours, and back then I said no. I think I said no with some other choice words nearby. Because ew. I just didn't have the stomach to take that on, so these people deserve a big round of applause for seeing potential in this Airstream. And the end result is jaw-dropping.  

I'm definitely filing away their idea on how to display plants in a camper. And the white + wood + fabulous textiles + plants combo is always a winner in my book. 

{Source}
{Source}
This Airstream was featured on Apartment Therapy, and I can say with confidence, yeah, I could live there. Butcher block countertops, that faucet, gray cabinets on bottom, white cabinets on top...mmm yes. I'm officially inspired over here.

{Source}
{Source}
This Airstream remodel was featured on Moorea Seal's website, which is a place every design enthusiast needs to visit anyway. Aaaannnddd....can you guess which feature in the "after" photos caught my eye first. YES! It's the IKEA Maskros light! In a camper! Which means I will have one in my camper!! I can't stop using lots of !!!!!

And there's another set of ew, gross "before" photos. I guess it's just something you have to train your eyes to do. I can see potential in the grossest of Craftsman bungalows, and in a clean 1990's camper, but to look at something like this and see potential? I'm working on it, but I'm not there yet. Good for them.

{Source}
Next up, my vision for our camper. I'm starting to get a solid list of the resources we'll be using, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this inspirational post. Nice transformation done here inside the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!How possible to create or translate such a nice trailer to travel. Awesome and stunning color combination. Thanks for sharing this great lovely post.
    Car Trailers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...