Our Travel Trailer // Before


Time for a tour! I'm excited to show you the "before" shots of our new travel trailer. If you remember, we just bought a late nineties travel trailer a few weeks ago. It was in excellent shape for a great price we could afford, and although it had been well taken care of, the interior is quite dated. As you can see above, it includes wood cabinets, blue carpet, and lots of matchy-matchy, hotel-room style florals.

IT'S PERFECT.

You guys, I've been having serious decorating withdrawal. Yes, camping, travel, blah, blah, blah. That's all nice and whatever, but first let's talk paint colors, mkay??




Here's the boudoir. I really like the three windows and lots of storage. The mattress lifts up so there's plenty of space to stash stuff underneath.  Plus there are two nice-sized wall spaces in here to display art.

The light in this little thing is also pretty impressive. From the outside, the windows look hilariously small, but from inside, it's not too bad, right?


Here's the view from the bedroom. We have the dining table, kitchen, fridge, and bathroom door. The kitchen has an oven, a stovetop, and a microwave. That's a double sink with a cover to create more counter space when needed.  Next to the fridge is a pantry and closet.

I have so many ideas for this kitchen, but I'll save all that for another post. :)



Above, we have the door to the bathroom and then the two bunk beds. This thing actually sleeps eight, with two on the bed, two on the sofa when it's folded down, two on the bed the table folds into, and two bunk beds. We will at no point ever want to share our camper with that many people, so this bunk bed area will make a nice closet.



A few things: a privacy screen, a screen door, and there's a look at that blue carpet. I'm not a fan of the giant sofa and booth table, but these pieces of furniture hide camper parts underneath them, like a water tank and the wheels, so they must stay. I need to find out what my options are with reupholstery.




And there it is! I can't wait to watch this space transform, and I hope you'll follow along. We went to visit it a few days ago, and it was just too cold to be there. As soon as the temperature warms up a bit, I want to get started. I've got big dreams for this little place! :)



5 comments:

  1. It looks really nice, Layne! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! I'm excited to have a new decorating project!

      Delete
  2. It's pristine! Can't wait to see what you do with it! My dad is renovating one right now too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are so many blogs out there where people have done some amazing things with them! :)

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! My boyfriend and I dream about getting something like this one day and driving around the country! I can't wait to see how you decorate it Layne!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...