Shocking Egg Chair News

When I was little, my parents had a hanging egg chair. I would have loved to have it, but the last time I saw it, it was stored away in the garage, and that was a long time ago, so I had assumed it was gone. Then the other day, my mother pinned some hanging chair action on Pinterest:


Nice! This is not the style of the one my parents had, but it reminded me of it, so I mentioned that to my mom in the comments, and her response made me do a spit-take with my iced coffee.

*My mother also loves cats. :)


Wait, what? My mom still has it? Dry rot, whatever. Now I'm curious. And probably too optimistic.

I love a good DIY. Let's do this. And if it's too far gone, then fine. I'm going digging for it the next time I visit.

Until then, let's dream about that chair, mkay?






I can't remember if my parents' chair looked more like the middle or the last picture here, but you get the idea. Forget the stand, though. I would hang the puppy right from the ceiling.

Oh yeah. I will find you, chair, and I'll give you some long-overdue lovin'.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...