Historic C-Street







There is a well-known street in our city called Commercial Street. It used to be the booming center of town a hundred years ago, then it was the scary part of town for a while. Finally, now it seems to be waking up and coming to life again. It is already home to Red Velvet, a clothing boutique owned by Elsie Larson from A Beautiful Mess and Askinosie Chocolate. But now, new businesses are popping up, like a pizza place, a deli, a coffee shop (!!!) and more beautiful vintage furniture and clothing stores, all within walking distance of my home.

Funny thing-I never bothered to explore my city on foot until I started running. Then one day I ran down Commercial Street and discovered there was so much more there than I had realized! I snapped these a couple months ago with my dad's Minolta, but you can see that I took my sweet time getting them developed.

Our house is currently on the market, and sometimes I feel impatient waiting for it to sell, but this is really a pretty nice place to be in the meantime. I like my creative little corner of Springfield.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by the one with the blog & following me on bloglovin'. i love your blog as well! i would love to swap buttons to showcase each others blog.

    ps- i love the 101 in 1001 idea. my first goal, write out my goals. stay tuned so you can *fingers crossed* check off "inspire someone to start a list"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kirsten! I added your button to my blog. That's great about your list! It took me a while to create mine-I had about 80 items for a long time. Please let me know when you get it started so I can cross that off my list!

      Delete
  2. We went to a wedding at the Firehouse on Commercial this weekend. I LOVE that area! I'm jealous that you live so close!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wedding at the Firehouse? That is such a great idea! My sister just got engaged to a fireman...I need to tell her that!! I see receptions at the Savoy Ballroom on Commercial a lot when I go running down there and it's always so beautiful.

      Delete
  3. Love the photos! And the fact that you took them with a film camera! I need to start experimenting with film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Film is kind of a hassle, but I really love the results!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...