A New Collection in the Etsy Shop!


Hi, blog friends!

Today I'm excited to share that I have some new goods in the shop, and I think they're pretty neat. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed lots of rope sitting around and being knotted. That's because I decided to go with rope and knots this time around to create a collection of macrame wall hangings to list in my Etsy shop, Viola Maye. These pieces are a big larger than my previous fiber art, and they feature some lovely driftwood I've found along the Puget Sound. Here are a few of my favorites:





I'm experimenting with a made-to-order system this time, because keeping an inventory of one-of-a-kind pieces on hand is really tough and stressful, plus a little expensive. My Etsy shop isn't making me rich, but it gives my art a happy home, and it provides enough money for me to buy materials to keep doing what I love to do. Quality rope and yarn aren't cheap, and it takes a lot of fiber to make one of these pieces. So, we'll see how it works out.

What do you think? Could you see one of these hanging in your home?

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking that our new sofa has the perfect vibe to go with on of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I think if it were multi-colored I could totally see it hanging in my apartment. ;) Although a white one on a colored wall would be pretty striking as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...