Thrifty Finds // 10

The thrifts have been good to me lately! Here are a few of my recent finds.


This huge colorful afghan was an amazing score. My friends and I went to YOTO (Youth of the Ozarks Thrift Store) and I picked up two pretty afghans that were priced at $3 each. When I got to the register, the clerk said the other one was a family heirloom (?!) and he couldn't sell it. He said it wasn't supposed to be out on the sales floor. He said he's give me this one for free for the confusion. Okay!


I'm so grateful to have this desk. This little guy came from Urban Market and he is perfect. It's in great shape and has four big sturdy drawers for me to hide my mess in. I kind of think it needs some loud 50's drawer pulls, don't you?


Finally, FINALLY I have a peacock chair in my home. I've wanted one of these things for a LONG time, but every one I have found was either a miniature dollhouse version, painted, or in rough shape. Danavee and I spotted this one at Urban on our desk-hunting trip and I couldn't pass it up. Amazingly, Diane was able to fit all this and more into her mini-van for me!

The peacock chair is in unbelievable shape. Its only problem is that black stuff that wraps around the edges is crumbling off, but as you can see in the photo, I've started pulling that stuff off and I think it looks just fine without it. Rand thinks I'm crazy, but this chair makes me happy!!


The little pillow in the peacock chair was also a recent thrifty find. Isn't it cute? Also in great shape. Danavee and Diane are my thrifty good luck charms. :)

2 comments:

  1. I just got way too excited over a desk! Seeing it styled IN YOUR HOME makes me giddy! YAY! That chair too! Love the pillow perched in the seat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Although still working on that styling...The peacock chair was such a find. I get lucky when I go thrifting with you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...