The Last of the Carpet is Gone


This holiday break is flying by because I'm staying very busy. One of my biggest goals is to finish painting the upstairs floors before I go back to school. So Rand and I carried everything out of this room and took it downstairs. This room had become a giant closet for all of Rand's pool supplies, so I'm glad I'll finally have the opportunity to organize it.

We ripped up the carpet, pulled up the tack strips, sanded, filled holes, resanded, and applied two coats of primer. I am exhausted.


The floors will be Benjamin Moore's Rockport Gray. Hopefully the gray paint will help disguise the usually-not-totally-clean floors a little better than the white painted floors in the bedroom.

These floors were in the best shape of any room upstairs. That saved me a lot of time in filling and caulking. It's just lots of paintbrush time for me.

Here I go...



4 comments:

  1. YAY! I love a good house project! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got an update ready to go really soon. I'm pretty happy with the results!

      Delete
  2. So exciting! I really wish I owned a house and wasn't a renter - seeing projects like this makes me so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a lot of work, but I definitely think it's worth it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...