Manhattan

I love New York. I've only been there once but I fell in love immediately. This opening of Manhattan basically sums up why I love NYC:
Rand really outdid me on Christmas gifts this year. We don't get each other a ton of gifts, but we do try to get a few good items for one another to show that we pay attention and know what the other would like. He nailed it this year with this beautiful print from Society6.

I've just been staring at the little details for hours. 

He asked me (in a sneaky way, to not give away the surprise) if I would like him to order it framed or not. Society6 will send it framed, but it is about $35 extra, and I knew I could do better than that. I thought I would go to Hobby Lobby on a week when their poster frames are half price, so it would cost about $25. However, the nice thing about being a decor hoarder is that I often have exactly what I need in my house already. I already had the correct size frame, and in gold. 

I made this little pixelated paint chip art thing a while back, but I was never really in love with it, so it got the ax. 


Et voila! Much better. The gold frame is perfect for this print, and I thought it would be a nice way to glam up the bedroom a bit. 


Oh yeah. 

Well done, Rand. Thanks for knowing me so well, and I'm sorry the best I could do was that t-shirt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now tell me:

Did you give any killer gifts this year?

What was your favorite gift you received?

What do you think about NYC? Should I move there? 

3 comments:

  1. That is a nice print! Looks great on the wall there. And suddenly I am wondering why I have never seen that film, when I've lived in NYC for so many years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That movie has so many iconic NYC scenes-you should check it out.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that looks wonderful in your framing! I've been to NYC a couple times, and that's a beautiful picture of it. :) Congrats on adding that lovely piece to your walls!

    Stopping by from #SITSBlogging
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...