My Bedroom Makeover Reveal


Hello again!

The One Room Challenge is wrapping up this week, and I'm really excited to see all the reveals. My room is not quite done because there is one big, glaring thing not finished, but everything else about this room is complete, and I am so much more in love with my bedroom than I was six weeks ago.

A couple weeks into the challenge, my husband and I ripped up our bedroom carpet and made a plan to paint the hardwood floors underneath. This is definitely the most economical option, and we had planned for this to happen last week. As luck would have it, and as I mentioned a couple days ago, my car suddenly needed a new fuel pump last week, which seriously cut into my DIY budget. As a result, our floor project has been bumped back a couple weeks.

This project won't end up costing very much to complete, but it will cost more than zero dollars, which is what I have to spare at the moment.

But it's still okay! Aside from the floors, this room has had a dramatic makeover, which I am thrilled to show you today. Here is a little collage I made to remind you where we started and how not great my first bedroom makeover was:


So here's the tour!


We repainted the trim and the walls, and hung new Kvart lights from Ikea on either side of the bed. I hung up the wahoo board above the bed and switched out our old bedding for an Ikea duvet and floral sheets from Ross. The lamp is new from Kirkland's, and I repainted our old white dresser and chest of drawers and added leather drawer pulls. 


The saucer chair came from the living room, and I thrifted the little mid-century bookcase.  The bookcase makes me feel like I finally found a purpose for this little dormer space!


I painted the doors Benjamin Moore's Onyx. Now I want to repaint all my doors this color.


I also brought the impatiens inside and made a jute plant hanger for them.  They love their new home!


I couldn't get the right angle to photograph the stuff on the dresser, so I gave up and decided to be in the picture. Those are my grandparents on their wedding day. The E is thrifted, and the mirror came off of an old dressing table.


It was time to bring the plants in anyway, so I brought my citrus tree in here. I made those hanging lamp shades a couple years ago, although I'm not sure if they will stay in here. They looked a lot better hanging from the 9' ceilings downstairs.  But look at those impatiens!!





It needs its floor painted, but I'm so happy with this room!!  I'm kind of a minimalist with decorating and I'm in love with bright white, so this room is just right for me. Thank you so much to Linda for dreaming up and hosting the One Room Challenge! It was great motivation to get moving on this room, I've discovered several new blogs to follow, and I loved connecting with other bloggers!

Be sure to check out the rest of the participants' reveal posts here. And if you stopped by this little blog from the One Room Challenge, thank you! I'm so glad you did.


30 comments:

  1. I think it looks awesome!! There is something therapeutic about un-beiging a room. The dresser and pulls are great and I loved the black door since you painted it. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! My daughter wears her hair that way some times. I love this room. It seems like it fits you perfectly. The gallery wall looks amazing and PBN's are my favorite vintage find. Sorry to hear about your car. This is exactly how real life decorating goes....it's a process. Great room, and I'll be watching for the painted floors....whenever they come. No rush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was so disappointed to not be able to share my finished floors before the ORC was over, but that was just how it went. But I still have plans, for whenever I'm able to make it happen. Thanks again for hosting. I loved this link-up!

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't have known that you weren't totally finished if you hadn't told me - your room looks great! Love the jute plant hangers and all of your vintage finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels like that unfinished floor is glaring at me, so I appreciate you saying that! :)

      Delete
  4. Love this room.....boho meets vintage! The little corner with the chair and bookcase is so cute now! I know you are glad it's over but you got so much done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It felt like a challenge to make that dormer feel like it had a purpose, so I really appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  5. everything looks great! Sometimes things just get in the way and we have to go in a different direction for a while - but it's all good. You got so much done (love the black door, BTW) and the painted floors will happen. Just at a later date! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really bummed about not getting to my floors before the ORC was over, but this room has still come a long way. It's progress! :)

      Delete
  6. Looks great! I love those hanging lamps you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Those were a DIY I actually did before Pinterest came along. I've forgotten what those days were like! :)

      Delete
  7. I think you achieved the minimalist feel without the room feeling 'empty' at all dear! Congratulations on a job well done! love the paint by number collection and of course, I'm dying to try painting one of my doors in BM onyx! CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate that, because I'm really trying to find that balance. I was also a little scared of black at first, but now I'm loving my doors in Onyx. I'm glad you like it too! :)

      Delete
  8. love that gallery wall- it takes center stage as it should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate it! Paint by numbers are so fun, so I'm loving them all together in one place!

      Delete
  9. I love it! I love minimalist decorating, but sometimes it can look so sterile; you managed to keep it cozy, which is not an easy feat! Also, still super jealous of that gallery wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I see images on Pinterest of all white rooms with nothing but a bed and a light bulb on a cord, and even though I think it looks cool, normal people just can't pull that off. So I'm trying to find a happy medium. Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  10. You do an awesome job and the floor will come! I LOVE the dresser with the leather pulls, very clever!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The dresser project started as a temporary fix for some hand me down furniture we couldn't afford to replace, but now I'm really liking it. I think I'll just hang on to what I have! :)

      Delete
  11. Great job! I love the gallery wall.
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that "E"!!! Can't believe you thrifted it! The room looks great!!!!!!!! That gallery wall.......FAVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It came from Funtiques...not sure if you would call that "thrifting." I use that word kind of loosely!

      Delete
  13. You have done such a great job! I love the gallery wall and I'm becoming a huge fan of white walls as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! White walls have completely won me over. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Wow, your bedroom is beautiful ! It’s more like a master suite! I love the colors you’ve chosen, and your decorative vignettes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the way you styled this room. It looks bright and cheerful, it has a really good vibe. The black dresser and door pop nicely. I have black doors in my whole house and love them (my contractor thought I was crazy). Make sure you post this room again once you've tackled the floors. -Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Layne, these are nice comments. Such a professional presentation and the writing is perfect! Sounds like all your efforts are hits! Love it myself, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've created the bedroom of my wife's dreams!

    All the best, Jimmy from Handy Moves London

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...