Loving Woven Wall Hangings



My "wall carpet thingy" is finally validated, thanks to Decor8.

The first time I saw one of these wall hangings was over at The Brick House. I was instantly in love, so I filed it away in the back of my mind for future thrifting trips. You can bet I was pretty excited to come across one in the basement of one of my favorite flea markets here in Springfield. I was even more excited when I learned it was priced at $6.00 and everything in that booth was 50% off. 

So I hung it above my fireplace. 





I love this thing, and I'm feeling pretty satisfied after I came across this article on Decor8 and this article on The Design Files about artists who are currently making these kinds of lovely woven wall hangings. Here's a look at what they are talking about. I think they are insanely beautiful.






This past weekend, on our Thanksgiving trip to Warsaw, Missouri, I picked up this guy and gave him a dowel rod:


SCORE!

My husband sometimes appears to think I'm insane. But I'm going to keep buying any reasonably priced woven wall hangings (and paint-by-numbers, Rand!) I can, because I think they are lovely, and they can really amp up a room. Does anyone else out there agree?

2 comments:

  1. THREE BUCKS!?!?! Love the description on the receipt! HA!

    And what shop here in town has a basement!?!?! I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vendor's Mart at Glenstone and Atlantic. I could spend hours in there!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...