Happy Birthday, Max!


It's my cat's birthday!

Sort of. It was some time in February 2005 that Maxi-Cat joined our family. They told us he was two when we got him, but it was a shelter, so of course that's just a guess. We'll go with that, though, because he was a young adult cat at the time, so that means he's turning eleven! He's almost a teenager!

We are so in love with this boy. He is one of the sweetest, most loyal, most loving creatures I've ever met. I love almost all cats, but Maximus is very unique and charming. Instead of being timid and guarded like most cats, he is trusting and loving, even with strangers. He loves to be the center of attention, to be held, and to be talked to. We can hold him like a baby, or like a teddy bear at night, or even up in the air and he never even flinches. Sometimes I worry he's a little too trusting- he doesn't even move out of the way when something's coming at him. One of his favorite things is to be sung to. He'll just gaze into my eyes the whole time until he eventually falls asleep.

It was love at first sight nine years ago. Rand and I finally decided to get a cat, so we went to the Humane Society to look. From the moment we walked in, Maxy started showing off to get our attention. The other cats didn't seem too interested in us, but Maximillion circled in his cage and stared at us. He immediately caught my attention, so I held him and I instantly wanted him.  For some reason, I got this weird, don't-get-the-first-one-you-hold feeling, so I felt like I should hold another cat just to be sure. The whole time I held the other baby, Maxwell was staring at me. In fact, Rand recalls me saying, "Brandon, that cat is staring at me!" Instant connection.

Since then, we have become the best of friends. We sleep in each other's arms at night, and his endless griping for treats and attention is music to my ears. Here's to many more wonderful years together, Mr. Whiskerson!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, thats so sweet! Your Max looks a lot like my cat Keke. The vet was amazed because she has all male markings. She too loves people, but shes at my mom's house. I have three dogs. But my dogs (especially the puppy) crawls into my arms during the night to cuddle. Enjoy your cute Max!
    #SITSBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a beautiful love story. What a lucky cat and owner :) #SITSBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Max is a cutie! Happy Birthday to him! Coming over from #Sitsblogging
    Kim ~This Ole Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty kitty!! awesome pics too, love the keyboard one, my kitty does the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...