Thrifty Finds // 3

I guess I only blog about thrifting now. That's all I have time for since school has taken over my life. Our Saturday morning tradition is the only piece of my personal life that has managed to survive.

So these days I live for Saturday mornings. No matter how tired I am, I can still jump out of bed early Saturday morning for our tradition.  The places we visit change occasionally-garage sales, flea markets, thrift stores, estate sales-but it always includes Rand and me, and usually Starbucks. This morning it was the farmer's market, Target, an antique mall, and some estate sales.

I did okay.


Salt and Pepper Shakers- $.75 each
Vintage Martini Shaker- $3.00
The salt and pepper shakers match my canister set! I broke our old pepper shaker, so we needed a new set anyway. Also I really think that font is Champagne and Limousines.  I will never use that martini shaker to shake martinis, but I love anything with good type on it. I'll drink coffee out of it or something. SO MOD.


Desert Paint by Numbers-$13.95
My blog friend Danavee commented on my Vintage Paint by Numbers post saying she had a few in her local flea market booth. When I got there and got lost looking for her other booth, I messaged her and she responded and gave me directions. Directing me to exactly what I want and helping me find my way around the store? Awesome customer service.

I love this desert scene.  I added it to my collection wall:


Grow, collection, grow!


This is off-the-charts cuteness. A little overwhelming for me. Steve Martin holding a cat like a baby? That cat looks so happy.

I found it inside this:


Steve Martin album-$8.00
Boom. So happy to finally find this! Actually Rando found it. I only pay more than $2.50 for albums I really, really love, and this one made the cut. I have a little crush on this man. 

I was born into the wrong time.

I passed up a bajillion other paint by numbers, due to budget constraints. Rand only stays on board with the thrifting thing if I pace myself. I also passed on a huge poster of 80's MJ that would have made me the happiest girl on earth, but would have probably scared off any potential house buyers. And I missed out on a gorgeous mid-century bedroom set at the estate sale. I was clawing around for a price tag when someone came over and informed I was shopping in the sold stuff. 

But overall, I did okay. Now get out there and enjoy your Labor Day weekend, fools!

6 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEHAWWWW! I love your wall so much that maybe I should go snag the rest from the booth and keep them! Inspiring!!!

    And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for helping me find them! I would have grabbed all of them, but I don't think the husband would have gone along with it!! I'm really thinking I need to run back and pick up that cabin scene too...if it's still there!!

      Delete
  2. Teach me your ways. :) I love thrifting, but man. I go through stages: I find a ton of great stuff, and then nothing, nothing, nothing. I'm in a dry spell lately I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. For every great find, there were 10 times I left empty-handed!

      Delete
  3. I love your self-deprecating commentary. Your decorating ideas aren't bad, either! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...