Running goals and the good old days

One of the awesome benefits of my husband working at a university is getting to eat at the student dining halls. We have gotten very spoiled and are in the habit of eating there every evening for dinner.  The spring semester doesn't start until next week though so this week has been rough.  We've had to figure out how to prepare delicious meals on our own and on our Dave Ramsey budget.

Funny thing, though, I was standing in the kitchen tonight with Rand, and he was cooking and we were listening to records, and I was dancing with our cat, and I just thought about how I usually wish most days away, dreaming of a future when we live somewhere beautiful and have more money and aren't taking classes anymore.  But really, these are the good old days of my life. Someday I'm going to look back and wish more than anything that I could go back to that kitchen with Rand and our cats and the record player.

*sigh*

So here's some pictures of these beautiful cats that fill my heart with love and happiness everytime I see them:








A possible explanation for my warm and fuzzy mood tonight might be that I finally got it in gear and went for a run!  I had gotten sick a week before Christmas and I was really sick for about two weeks.  Then it got really cold, and our gym was closed because the university was closed (maybe we should move onto campus?) so I just didn't run.  I think with running you have to run to appreciate running.  It's kind of a hard thing to get into because if you haven't had a really satisfying fun, it's hard to understand why anyone would want to do it.  So after not running for about three weeks, I was starting to forget what was so great about it.
 


But then I decided to go for it tonight.  And I'm so glad I did.  I only went three miles, but I feel awesome.  And then I came home to my warm little house and my wonderful man and sweet cats and yummy dinner.  Seriously, how did I get so lucky?

Still really excited about the dining hall opening back up again.


Anyone else have a great workout or some ambitious fitness goals?

Do you cook for yourself?  What in the world do you cook?  
-I only have about five things I rotate when I have to cook, and they're all Hamburger Helper or Marie Calendar's. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...