Should We Buy an Airstream?


My husband and I have recently discovered the Airstream subculture. We've caught that bug and now we can't help ourselves. Can you blame us?


We started talking about buying one, then we started looking. Now we're hooked. We're thinking a 1970's-80's 29' or 31' Airstream camper would probably be what we're looking for.


The one on the beach is Matthew McConaughey's Airstream, by the way.


The thing is, they're expensive. New ones are outrageous, somewhere around $60,000-$80,000 for what we want. Vintage ones older than about 1970 start getting very pricey, too. If they've been remodeled inside, the price jumps up quite a bit, so now we're tossing around the idea of getting one that needs a little TLC and fixing it up. We don't want to bite off more than we can chew. But maybe we could do this. Here are some interior inspiration photos we've been admiring:


Look at all that seating and storage!


I would definitely paint every surface in the thing white. Look how big that appears, even though it is really a very tiny space. :)


The lights on this one look cozy. And I could totally install flooring and paint cabinets.



I'm not crazy about this decor, but this guy has a ton of great information on his Airstream remodel. He, his wife, and his three kids all live in their Airstream full-time.


Rustic.


Another with tons of white. I would need everything to be very white and calm.

We've been looking at a few, but we're still not sure what the perfect deal would even look like. What do you think? Should I become the queen of Rand's double-wide Airstream?

All sources for these beautiful images can be found on my Pinterest board, Vintage Travel Trailers.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I think you definitely should do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see you really loving that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog via Kate Hamilton (our husbands are buddies) ... YES you should buy one. We just did and it's seriously the most thrilling thing we've done this year. It's a tiny home that is mobile and aluminum. Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...