I Want to Paint a Wall Black

I have such an urge to paint a wall in my home black. Look how everything in front of these black walls suddenly looks so much better.  




I think this is a great way to create a focal point in the room, like the head of the bed or where the desk sits. It looks best with white or light gray walls of course, and you can't just paint it black and forget it-there must be some great furniture, art, or accessories to feature in front of it. I think this would be a great way to define a space in an open floor plan. Maybe paint the wall behind the dining nook black? Then place an Ikea Docksta table in front of it and hang a statement art piece....

Our house in on the market right now, so I'm wondering how a potential buyer might feel about a black wall. I may have to save this idea for our next home. How do you feel about a black wall, or accent walls in general?

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea!!! You're trying to sell??? Good luck! We are refinancing or I'd be jumping on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we just listed our house last week! Listing our house has been so stressful, so hopefully we sell sooner than later!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...